Desa Global Leadership Inc and related entities (collectively, “Company,” “us,” or “we”) operate www.desagloballeadership.com (the “Website”) and is/are committed to protecting the privacy of certain data that is collected from you and that you submit when you access this website or websites, under our operation and control (collectively, the “Site”). The nature of our business requires that we gather and maintain information that is of a personal nature that you might wish to keep protected.
Information we collect
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, IP address, and browser in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment and to help spam detection. These cookies will last for one year. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Generally, you control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our Website. As a “Visitor”, you can browse our Website and you are not required to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information
We may process certain types of personal data about you when you interact with us, as follows:
- Identity Data: may include your first name, last name.
- Contact Data: may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data: may include credit card or banking details.
- Transaction Data: may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data: may include log-in data, Internet Protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system, platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our Website.
- Profile Data: may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, job title, company name, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data: may include information about how you use our Website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications and your communication preferences.
We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our Website, if any. This information also includes the IP address of the computer/proxy server you use to access the Internet, your Internet Website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyze trends among our Users to help improve our Website.
How we use your information
We use the information we receive from you as follows:
We use the Personally Identifiable Information you provide us to deliver our content to you by email or regular mail, and for our online training services, to process your payments, and register you as a customer.
Sharing information with Affiliates and other Third Parties
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for marketing purposes. We may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to affiliates that provide services to us with regard to our Website (i.e. payment processors, Website hosting companies, e-commerce training platform, etc.); such affiliates will only receive information necessary to provide the respective services and will be bound by confidentiality agreements limiting the use of such information.
The following third parties may have access to your Personally Identifiable Information:
- Facebook (if you sign up for our mailing list via Facebook)
- Google Analytics ( you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. )
We retain the right to collect and use any Non-Personal Information collected from your use of our Website and aggregate such data for internal analytics to improve our Website and services. At no time is your Personally Identifiable Information included in such data aggregations.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
By using this Website, you authorize us to transfer and store your information in Canada, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in Canada may not be the same as in your home country.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
- Opted in to request information from us or purchased goods or services from us; or
- Provided us with your details when opting into one of our online courses or subscriptions (paid or free), or other resources; and in each case, you have not opted out of receiving marketing emails.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you, or by emailing us at the contact info below at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
Fair information practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur: we will notify the users via email within one business day as well as via on-site notification within one business day.
If you wish to exercise your “right to be forgotten” and have all Personally Identifiable Information deleted, please contact us through the contact information below.
You maintain the right to complain to the Data Protection Authority in your local EU Member State under the General Data Protection Regulation.
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)
CASL is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and legislates penalties for violations of these rules.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders, where applicable, and to send information and updates pertaining to orders, where applicable.
- Continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To comply with CASL we agree to:
- Seek express or implied consent of the recipient in order to send a commercial electronic message.
- Clearly identify Desa Global Leadership (or related entities) as the organization sending the commercial electronic message.
- Not use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Include the physical address of our business.
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email and honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you may use the link at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from all future correspondence.
Email communication, including any information transmitted with it, is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and is confidential. If you are not an intended recipient or are not responsible for delivering the message to an intended recipient, any review, disclosure, conversion to hard copy, dissemination, reproduction or other use of any part of the communication is strictly prohibited, as is the taking or omitting of any action in reliance upon this communication. If you receive communications in error or without authorization, please notify us immediately by return email or otherwise, and permanently delete the entire communication from any computer, disk drive, or other storage medium, electronic or otherwise.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, consultants and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but keep in mind that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use all commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to other websites
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
Last update: August 2020